Thursday, September 4, 2014

Love Legacy

If you could pick one word that you would hope people would use to describe you, what would that be? 
That is the question I was asked, by the very nice man on the other end of the radio, tonight.  When that question came out of his mouth, INSTANTLY, I thought LOVE.  There was not even the slightest question in my mind that I would want to be known as the girl who LOVED.  
Loved God, Loved Family, Loved People, Loved Life.  Just Loved!  And it's no wonder, since that is exactly what the bible calls us to do. But, if I had to guess,that would probably NOT be the first word people would use to describe me.  
Maybe LOUD? (Yeah, definitely LOUD!)  Perhaps impatient? Certainly a little Cray Cray! (Yes, I'm 28 years old, and I pulled out the "Cray Cray" card.)  My kids would probably use the word "yell".. or maybe that would be my hubby. Although if it was my hubby it would probably be attached to the words "Could you PLEASE try not to _____ so much!"... which of course would only make me yell all the more. Some might even use the word Rebellious. Yup, I know it's hard to believe, but I have been accused of such a thing.
And, I am all of those things.  Probably much more so then I am loving.  But, that is not my heart beat, Love is.  LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE.  That is what this life is all about.  Time and time again I have asked the question... "What am I doing here?  As a Christian, what is my role in this world?" LOVE.  That is the answer.  It was the answer when I first asked the question, and it's still the answer. All to often, I let my life get bogged down with everything going on around me, and I forget.  I forget that I have a mission.  I forget that I was chosen.  I forget to not waste these precious moments that God has allowed me.  And I forget to LOVE.  
If I could leave a LOVE LEGACY everywhere I went, that would be enough for me. What's your word?

Luke 10:27
He answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself."

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now, these three remain;  Faith, Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is LOVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment