Saturday, September 6, 2014

Daddy's Girl

For those of you who may not know this, I am the worlds biggest Daddy's girl!  I still,(at 28) sit on my dads lap... Every chance I get, I squeeze my big ol' booty in between my mom and dad... I pull down my hair so he can play with it.. and kiss my dad smack dab on the lips.  My dad is my hero, and he always will be. 

Now that I am a mom, I can see how special that relationship really is.  I see it with my little girls and their daddy.  My sweet Hubby is the best Dad I have ever seen.  He is, by far, one of the most 'hands on' dads around.  And it is not because I make him.  Its because he really want's to be.  He loves being a dad.  And my kids LOVE having him for one.  

I truly believe that a HUGE part of the reason that I chose Eric to be my husband, is because I had my dad as an awesome example of what I would want in my hubby.  I didn't even know it at the time, but I can see it now. 

Oh Daddy's your job is SOOO important.  And I am not talking about when you get up each morning and head off to work.  I am talking about the job of being a Dad.  You are the standard by which your sons measure themselves, and by which you're daughters measure their worth.  How you train your young boys up,will make an everlasting impact in how they treat women.  And how you love you're daughters (and their mom) will make an everlasting impact in whether or not they will compromise when it comes to a man.  
I am beyond grateful that God saw fit to give me the Dad that he did.  And I am so thankful that he put Eric in my life so that we can raise up our children in the way that they should go.  
(Babe, I know that sometimes you are extra super hard on yourself, but I want you to know how I think you are doing as a Daddy... You ROCK!  You are the Best!  You amaze me!) 

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old, he shall not depart from it. 


(Daddy Daughter Date with my awesome sisters)




(Daddy Daughter Dance: My hubby and our two precious girls)

No comments:

Post a Comment