Monday, February 4, 2013

"Be Still"

Well, A while back I was trying to post a blog from my phone and I couldn't get it to work, so I just posted it as my facebook status... but I now have a computer and so I would like to put it in "blog form" like I initially intended!!  Hope ya'll enjoy.
Have you ever wondered why the Bible says "be still and know that I am God"? That's what I've been wondering today.. I mean why doesn't it just say "know that I am God"? What's the point of the "be still" part? Well, I'm no scholar and I haven't done any fancy research on it, But the easiest way for me to understand it is by comparing it to parenthood. Okay parents, you all know what I'm about to say, I'm sure! 
Alright so say I'm a child (huge stretch I know) and I'm bee- boppin around my dad (God) and you know I'm talking extra loud (like right over him) doing a little dance (banging all up into him) and He's trying to get my attention but I'm too engrossed in making sure that nobody misses the next amazing thing that I might do. So he gets down on his knees(at my eye level) and takes me by the shoulders (so I can see straight into His eyes) and He says " child be still! Stop bouncing off the walls and listen to what I'm telling you.. because I'm your Father and I love you very much!!" That's the kind of God I serve!! He's not screaming at me telling me to "knock it off" like I most the time do when my kids are going crazy! No instead He gently ushers me back to place a calm and sure!
"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10
So when life feels out of control and you're at a place of utter chaos- Listen to His gentle nudge and be still and know that He is God!
~Hi-D~

No comments:

Post a Comment