Monday, July 2, 2012

Loving The Unlovable

Well the truth is that loving the unlovable is about as hard as it sounds.  So, here are a few things that I've learned to do to help me in this area.
Number 1)  Separate the Sinner from the sin.  In other words, take whatever that person is doing,(or saying) to make them seem so unlovable & put it under the "sin" category.  Then, take that person & put them under the "sinner" category.  Now, I bet you can find yourself under the "sinner" category too, hey??  I know I can!!
Number 2) Look at that person through the eyes of Jesus.  I have to do this a lot- I just say to God- "Okay Lord- You love "so&so" & your heart breaks for them when they are hurting.  Help me Lord, to change my heart to be more like yours.  Help me Jesus, to see "so&so" with new eyes so that I can love them like you love them!"
And last, but not least, Number 3)  Forgive and Forget.  I know what you're thinking... " I can't forget!!  I might be able to forgive, but I will NEVER forget!"  Well, that hasn't been the case for me.  The truth is that when I truly forgive someone, I can't remember every little mean thing they said or did to me.  I know, because I've tried!!  & probably the reason why is because I'm not sitting & dwelling on them.  When I truly forgive, I let it go & trust that God got it!  Forgiveness is just as much for us as it is for the person who hurt us... If not more!!  You cannot heal from the hurts, if you cannot forgive the "hurter".
So, whenever you feel like someone is just to tough to love, remember these three things!  They've certainly helped me in the past, & I'm sure I'll need them again..

-With love in Christ-  ~Hi-D~


Luke 6:35-36 - "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." 

No comments:

Post a Comment